- Lake Resources has five lithium projects in Argentina:-
- Brines – Kachi, Cauchari, Olaroz and Paso in Jujuy Province
- Pegmatites- 150km strike exploration in Catamarca Province
- Flagship Kachi Inferred Ore Reserves of 4.4Mt LCE @216mg/L LCE*
- PFS for 25ktpa LCE Kachi due in March Qtr 2020
- Unique low operating cost Business Plan
- Pilot plant for innovative Lilac direct extraction technology underway
- Technology gives >80% lithium recovery and slashes processing time
- Lilac Solutions now backed by Gates/Bezos Sustainability Fund
- Cauchari adjoins Ganfeng JV – has achieved 506m @ 505mg/L lithium
- Lithium market bottoming & turning up–needs >600% supply increase
- Strong growth in batteries for EVs demand and energy storage uses
- Project funding likely in 2020 for Kachi and first output in 2023
- Significant rerating of the company due over 2020
* lithium carbonate equivalent
Call me to discuss:
+61 2 9222 9111
High Purity Lithium Production in Argentina
LKE has a lithium development strategy with projects in the prime Argentinian brine producing regions and utilising innovative technologies to minimise operating costs and to maximise earnings and sustainability benefits.
LKE’s 4.4mt LCE Kachi resource will utilise Lilac Solutions ion exchange technology in its project with a PFS due shortly for 2023 production startup.
Lithium sector undergoing improved conditions as supply and demand match.
The rise and rise of the lithium-ion battery is changing the world.
The versatility of this technology for application from smartphones, domestic appliances, power storage to Electric Vehicles (hereon EVs) implies universal acceptance and dependence. The advent of the high tech chemical refiner and processor for battery plants is changing the lithium industry.
It becomes critical to understand that whilst lithium prices are soft it does appear that they are bottoming and as the near term market balance is being sorted out. Underlying battery demand is inexorably rising between 15-18% per year together with EV and energy storage demand and will eventually impact the lithium price.
LKE has globally significant resources and has Lilac Solutions’ innovative approach to lithium recovery from brines.
Ion exchange technology cuts out the time and capital intensive evaporative process from the flow sheet.